lunes, 30 de marzo de 2015

My Travel Blog: United States


Hello everybody! This is my travel blog, in which I´ll be talking about the U.S.A, and about my personal experience in that amazing country.

I lived in America for a whole year, from mid 2013 till mid 2014, this because of an exchange student program. I always had many options to where to go, but I was always sure that I was going to go to the U.S, knowing of it not a lot more than what I had seen in movies and tv shows, and what I had learnt by doing my own research online. Even though I didn´t know exactly how it was going to be like, I decided to take the risk and go to the U.S.  

But what was the reason that motivated me to do this trip in the first place? There were actually many reasons. One of them, and maybe the most important one was that i wanted to try myself to see if I was brave enough to do it, and in a very literal way, to "get out of the nest". I saw this as a test and an opportunity to learn how real life is, and how is "real life" like for people I thought i had very few things in common with. Also another reason for me to do this was a more practical thing such as learning the English language, which is every day more helpful and relevant when it comes to find a job. This wasn´t the most important reason tho. The biggest motivation for me didn´t come from a very logical part of my mind, but for all the adventures that I was going to have, all the memories waiting to be made, all the people I was going to know and all the new things I was going to see. That´s what really motivated me to stay a year away from my family and friends, and from my comfort zone. I think that adrenaline of discovering a whole new world with whole new things and experiences is what really make us enjoy our travels. I´m not saying that´s the only reason we have to travel, but what I´m saying is that that is what really can make the best out of them, leaving us that feeling of excitement we have every time we are willing to jump to the unknown.

Now lets do an historical background of the U.S. It was founded in 1776 by George Washington. It has a federal government, which means, as many of you already know, the country is divided in 50 states and a federal districs (Washington D.C.) Its population is around 320 millions, which makes it the third country with the biggest population after China and India. Also, a big part of this population are immigrants (legal or illegal), mostly from Mexico, China, India and the Philippines, but from many other countries in general. This causes the country to be a sort of mix of cultures, where you can find people from a lot of places around the globe. This can only make it a more interesting place to visit and why not, live.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario